The Miles Franklin Literary Award was established by feminist, and author of My Brilliant Career, Stella Maria Sarah Miles Franklin. First presented in 1957, the Award celebrates novels of the highest literary merit that tell stories about Australian life, shining a light on some of the country’s most accomplished writers. The shortlisted finalists will be revealed on 23 June 2022 and the winner announced on 20 July 2022.
Why not read one now and see if you can pick the winner?
- The other half of you – Michael Mohammed Ahmad
- After story – Larissa Behrendt
- Scary monsters – Michelle de Kretser
- Bodies of light – Jennifer Down
- Echolalia – Briohny Doyle
- The magpie wing – Max Easton
- The dogs – John Hughes
- The airways – Jennifer Mills
- One hundred days – Alice Pung
- The performance – Claire Thomas
- 7 1/2 – Christos Tsiolkas
- Grimmish – Michael Winkler