A space for book lovers to share their thoughts on the books they are reading!
All participates involved in discussion must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Book club members must respect each other and the free expressions of opinions about any books.
- The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text belong solely to the author, and not City of Parramatta Council or its Libraries.
- City of Parramatta Council and its Libraries reserve the right to monitor, block or remove any comments that are considered offensive or a direct personal attack.
- Persons/members who do not comply with the above guidelines will be removed from the group.
- Be polite. Respect each other’s opinions.
- Last Post
Bookends Book Club
About Bookends Book Club A like-minded group of book lovers, who don't meet in person but nonetheless love getting online to chat about the books they read each month.
- 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Korean Book Club
About our Korean Book Club Our Korean Book Club, meets from 11am to 12pm, the third Thursday of the month at Carlingford Library. Meeting since 2016, the Club has ten regular members who love meeting to discuss the books they have been reading. The Korean Club, read and discuss books in the Korean language. If you require further information regarding the Korean Book Club please contact, Glenda at Carlingford Library, (9806 5850).
- 6 days, 4 hours ago
MJ Readers Book Club
About the MJ Readers The MJ Readers Book Club meets the last Friday of the month at Dundas Library.
- 1 month, 1 week ago
Parra Reads Book Club
Welcome to City of Parramatta Libraries, Parra Reads Book Club! About Parra Reads Book Club
What do you do when an in-person book club doesn’t work? Maybe you have work commitments, or your friends don’t live nearby, or maybe it’s April 2020 and COVID-19 and social distancing has resulted in your monthly book club meetings being ‘put on hold’ until the world rights itself!Not to mention your much loved City of Parramatta Libraries temporarily closing its doors and suspending all ‘Book Club Kit’ deliveries until further notice. Well, we thought it would be a good idea to set up an online book club, and we called it ‘Parra Reads’ of course!
Every month, a book-crazy group of Librarians will select two books they love and share them with readers.
Join in the online conversation on the ‘Parra Reads’ forum page, or share your thoughts via Twitter using #parrareadsbookclubThe books selected will include a mixture of both fiction and non-fiction and include newer and older titles. Happy Reading! Parra Reads Group
- 6 days, 12 hours ago
- Bookends Book Club