The shortlisted titles in each category are:
Christina Stead Prize for Fiction
- Vancouver: Wisdom Tree Book Three (Nick Earls, Inkerman & Blunt)
- Their Brilliant Careers: The Fantastic Lives of Sixteen Extraordinary Australian Writers (Ryan O’Neill, Black Inc.) ?
- The Museum of Modern Love (Heather Rose, A&U)
- Where the Light Falls (Gretchen Shirm, A&U)
- After the Carnage (Tara June Winch, UQP)
- The Natural Way of Things (Charlotte Wood, A&U)
UTS Glenda Adams Award for New Writing
- The Memory Artist (Katherine Brabon, A&U)
- Letter to Pessoa (Michelle Cahill, Giramondo)
- Dodge Rose (Jack Cox, Text)
- Our Magic Hour (Jennifer Down, Text)
- Portable Curiosities (Julie Koh, UQP)
- The Bonobo’s Dream (Rose Mulready, Xoum) ?
Douglas Stewart Prize for Nonfiction
- Everywhere I Look (Helen Garner, Text)
- Talking To My Country (Stan Grant, HarperCollins)
- The Art of Time Travel: Historians and Their Craft (Tom Griffiths, Black Inc.)
- Avalanche (Julia Leigh, Hamish Hamilton)
- Our Man Elsewhere: In Search of Alan Moorehead (Thornton McCamish, Black Inc.)
- Prince of Darkness: The Untold Story of Jeremiah G Hamilton, Wall Street’s First Black Millionaire (Shane White, St Martin’s Press)
Kenneth Slessor Prize for Poetry
- Ghostspeaking (Peter Boyle, Vagabond Press)
- Burnt Umber (Paul Hetherington, UWA Publishing)?
- Breaking the Days (Jill Jones, Whitmore Press)?
- Fragments (Antigone Kefala, Giramondo)?
- Firebreaks: Poems (John Kinsella, W W Norton)?
- Comfort Food (Ellen van Neerven, UQP)?
Patricia Wrightson Prize for Children’s Literature
- Magrit (Lee Battersby & Amy Daoud, Walker Books)
- Something Wonderful (Raewyn Caisley & Karen Blair, Viking)
- Desert Lake: The Story of Kati Thanda‐Lake Eyre (Pamela Freeman & Liz Anelli, Walker Books)
- Iris and the Tiger (Leanne Hall, Text)
- Figgy and the President (Tamsin Janu, Omnibus)
- Welcome to Country (Aunty Joy Murphy & Lisa Kennedy, Black Dog Books)
Ethel Turner Prize for Young Adult’s Literature ($30,000)
- Elegy (Jane Abbott, Random House)
- The Ghost by the Billabong (Jackie French, HarperCollins)
- The Sidekicks (Will Kostakis, Penguin)
- One Thousand Hills (James Roy & Noël Zihabamwe, Omnibus)
- The Boundless Sublime (Lili Wilkinson, A&U)
- One Would Think the Deep (Claire Zorn, UQP)
Multicultural NSW Award
- The Hate Race (Maxine Beneba Clarke, Hachette)
- Offshore: Behind the Wire on Manus and Nauru (Madeline Gleeson, NewSouth)
- Not Quite Australian: How Temporary Migration is Changing the Nation (Peter Mares, Text) ?
- Of Ashes and Rivers that Run to the Sea (Marie Munkara, Vintage)
- Promising Azra (Helen Thurloe, A&U)
- The Fighter: A True Story (Arnold Zable, Text)
The NSW Premier’s Translation Prize
- J M Q Davies
- Penny Hueston
- Jennifer Lindsay
- Royall Tyler
Multicultural NSW Early Career Translator Prize
- Jan Owen
- Christopher Williams
Nick Enright Prize for Playwriting
- The Hanging (Angela Betzien, Sydney Theatre Company)
- You and Me and The Space Between (Finegan Kruckemeyer, Terrapin Puppet Theatre & Honolulu Theatre for Youth)
- The Drover’s Wife (Leah Purcell, Currency Press, Belvoir & Oombarra Productions)
- Ladies Day (Alana Valentine, Currency Press & Griffin Theatre Sydney)
Betty Roland Prize for Scriptwriting
- The Code Series 2 Episode 2 (Shelley Birse, Playmaker Media)
- Sucker (Lawrence Leung & Ben Chessell, RKP Productions with Jason Byrne Productions)
- Down Under (Abe Forsythe, Riot Film)
- The Kettering Incident, Episode 1: Victoria Madden (Porchlight Films & Sweet Potato Films)
- Afghanistan: Inside Australia’s War, Episode 3 ‘We All Have To Get Home’ (Victoria Midwinter Pitt, Essential Media and Entertainment)
- Cleverman, Episode 5 ‘Terra Nullius’ (Michael Miller, GoalPost Pictures
Voting for People’s Choice Award closes on 14 May http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/about-library-awards/peoples-choice-award.
More details click here http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/about-library-awards/nsw-premiers-literary-awards.