The book read by the 2nd Tuesday evening book club for April 2011 was The girl with the dragon tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Here are some of their thoughts on this popular 1st volume of the Millennium Trilogy
- The book is an excellent read, it covers a range of topics – crime, sex, corporate corruption etc.;
- The character of Mikael Blomkvist (jounalist, lover, publisher of Milllennium magazine, and amateur sleuth) was debonair but very self centered;
- Lizbeth Salander (hacker and researcher) was very damaged, brilliant at computer work and hacking but very socially repressed;
- The storyline is very involved and fascinating with very well written and believable characters;
- Some found the beginning of the novel slow and the plot took a long time to develop. Once inside the plot it is a very readable and absorbing book;
- The end of the book is a ‘lead-in’ to the next book in the series rather than finishing when the mystery of Harriet is revealed.
The Millennium Trilogy comprises of the following books: