On the last meeting of the year the group had a great meeting and celebrated the end of year with little party and of course a book discussion.
Book – Lola’s Secret
Author – Monica McInerney
Book Summary – Magic can happen in every family… At the Valley View Motel in South Australia’s picturesque Clare Valley, eighty-four-year-old Lola Quinlan is up to her usual mischief. She’s sent her family away for Christmas and invited a number of mystery guests to come and stay. But who are all these people, and why aren’t they spending the festive season with their own loved ones? As the big day draws closer and Lola’s personal family dramas threaten to unravel her plans, she discovers that at a special time of year, magic can happen in every family – especially your own. From the bestselling author of At Home with the Templetons comes a funny, sad and moving novel about memories and moments and the very meaning of life. Praise for Monica McInerney: ‘If you need more proof what a superior storyteller this author is, her it is.’- West Australian ‘An exquisite novel, which combines well-crafted characters with a captivating story. Focusing on love, friendship and family, McInerney’s latest offering is guaranteed to enthral her legions of adoring fans.’- Ulster Tatler, Ireland.
- All who read it liked it – lovely read and a delightful xmas tale about a family with all that it can involve.
- Most readers thought Lola was cunning or sly, trying to organise her family, leaving her alone over Christmas.
- Lola also found her an old lover called Alex . Which some readers though was the secret.
- She didnt want the family to know how computer savvy she was.
- A very delightful family saga with a soothing ending. Through hiccups but in the end bringing family together and Xmas is a magic time.
- There is some drama too – Lola gets locked in a charity shop after a break in.
- Lola is a terrific capable lady of 84 years. Who owns a motel ran by her son and daughter-in-law! Lola’s daughter-in-law doesnt like her!
Nice read – the whole group recommends reading it.